Thursday, May 21, 2009

Meeting the Competition

Hi everyone,

A video will be forthcoming later this evening, but I wanted to write a quick blog about meeting one of my fellow contestants - the Amazing Alicia. We ran into each other at the mall over our lunch hour today, and it was such a wonderful surprise! We were able to talk for a few minutes about our experiences, and it's nice to have someone I can talk to who "really knows" what we're going through in the transformation challenge. Our offices are just a block and a half apart, so we've made plans to walk together on our lunch hour. I think we'll work in a combined video next week, maybe of us interviewing each other?

Life is getting busy, and I really need to start kicking my workouts into a higher gear as I have several races coming up in the next few months! My first is the 15-mile ride in the Miller Ride for the Arts benefitting the United Performing Arts Fund on Sunday, June 7th. VISIT Milwaukee created a team for the ride, and I am very honored to be team captain! I've started riding my bike to my workouts Fitness Together Brookfield (a 6.5 mile round trip ride) in preparation for the Miller Ride for the Arts (ok, I've only done this once so far, but plan to ride at least once a week).

Next up will be the Trek Women's Sprint Triathlon with my friends Jeannie and Carrie on July 12th, a mere 51 days away from now. Just to prove how crazy I am, I'm not overly worried about the 12-mile bike or 5K run (the 0.5 mile swim has me freaking out just a little), but I'm a little more obsessed with what I'll be wearing that day. Crazy, aren't I?

I'll be finishing up my summer of races with the Rock N Roll Chicago Half-Marathon on Sunday, August 2nd with my friend Maria. We decided to sign up on a whim, and I'm now wondering what the heck was I thinking! Hello???

That's all for now, thank you all so much for your continued support! It means the world to me!

xo
Michelle

"At the end of the day, the person who reaches her goals isn't necessarily the one with the most talent. Often it's the person who's out there training the hardest, day in and out. I try to be that person". Lolo Jones, U.S. track and field champion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Platinum Design and Development