Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Michelle Video Blog: 5/27/2009



Well, it took my son less than 5 minutes to create today's video - it's a mix of my workout this morning with Cara at FT - Brookfield. I think it came out really well, and it a bit more fun than my usual talking head videos :) I like working out with Cara (as I do with all the trainers) - they each bring something different to my workouts, so while it may be the same program, it feels different depending upon the trainer I'm working with that day.

Kurt gave me the following recipe a while ago, and I finally made it for dinner tonite ...

Barbeque Roasted Salmon
Yields 4 servings

1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 T fresh lemon juice
4 6oz salmon fillets
2 T brown sugar
4 t chili powder
2 t grated lemon rind
3/4 t ground cumin
1/2 t salt
1/4 t cinnamon
cooking spray
lemon slices (optional)

1. Combine pineapple juice, lemon juice and salmon fillets in a zip-top plastic bag, seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hr, turning occaisionally.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Remove fish from bag, discard marinade. Combine sugar, chili powder, grated lemon rind, ground cumin, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Rub over fish, place in a 11 x 17 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 13 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lemon slices if desired.

I made minor modifications to the recipe - I omitted the salt, and marinated the salmon overnight. I had my salmon served over a tossed green salad (romaine lettuce, broccoli, cucumber, carrots and tomato), while my kids had their salmon with steamed white rice and broccoli. It was absolutely delicious, and the kids gave it two enthusiastic thumbs up, so this dish is definitely a keeper. Thanks Kurt!

xo
Michelle

"We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are." Adelle Davis

1 comment:

  1. Your son did a great job!! Wow I so want a flip cam! I tried to talk my husband into one before the baby was born. He was totally against it. I'm sorry but he is wrong the quality is great!

    ReplyDelete

Platinum Design and Development